When should you see your doctor ? 5 questions you need to answer
There is no exact recommended number of times but there are a few things that could serve as a guide to determine your next visit.
- Wat was the time of your last visit? You can’t remember? That means it has been too long and you should schedule a visit as soon as possible.
- Do you have any concerns or recent observations about your body? If you observe any bothersome symptoms such as pain in any part of your body or an unexplained change, then it is time to visit your doctor.
- Did you miss your last scheduled appointment for follow up? You should rectify that. There are some routine tests that need to be done as scheduled. Ensure you follow your schedule and call your doctor’s office if you are not sure.
- Was there a change in your family medical history? If someone was diagnosed with breast cancer, then you might need to visit the doctor and get screened. This applies to a number of diseases and conditions.
- Did your doctor make recommendations for you the last time? If they did, then they must have told you to check for some changes and also told you what to do. You need to visit the doctor to give a report of your current state of health. You will be evaluated and better solutions will be found for you if the previous ones didn’t work for you.
The timing or frequency of visit is never the same for everybody. Therefore, ensure you always ask your doctor when next you need to come in for a visit.