A unspoken ideas about children’s minds
Children are sponges always looking for physical and emotional stimuli. They can never get enough and what sparks their intrinsic and extrinsic attention is the feel good factor. This builds their self-esteem in unconscious ways that later are capitals for a solid functional wellbeing that will continuously feed themselves with elements that help them move forward and make a difference.
Those early steps in guiding children through the understanding of how important it is to be mindful will enable them to be role models. They will gain empathy, flexibility, openness, adaptability and knowledge that will give them skills to process and deduct. Parents do not necessarily have to use practical games for this, but show them through the mirroring of themselves; the trait will naturally be integrated.
A few examples on a micro level are if you are a family that lives on fear then your child will become fearful. If conversation is based on criticism: chances that your child will grow up and be judgemental are high. If there is no room to explore and experience trial and error then curiosity and creativity will not be as developed as it could be.
On a macro level, if a child is brought up with parents who abide to sound values then that will become important in guiding him. If the child can freely explore and taste the senses of pleasure and pain then he will gain the skill to challenge it and to master it. If the intellect is constantly honed then the thirst to seek for more will nourish it.
Parents can only direct children into who they are; ultimately one can never control them. The only way to create an environment in which they can truly grow in is to be self aware that children are touched through who their parents are.
10 Tips about Children
- They are super sensitive as they do not have a past yet
- Need to be listened to in order to be validated
- What you feed them will become their chosen foods so get healthy early
- They always remember if your word is your commitment
- Exploring possible selves is the only way to develop their individual personalities.
- Experiencing pleasure and pain sets boundaries
- Strong role models help forge their internal strength
- Meaningful intellectual stimulation builds character
- Rewards and punishments are important
- Love will make their world go round